Graf-X™ Graphene Nanoplatelets & Graphene Precursors
Graf-X Graphene Nanoplatelet Additives enhance performance in a wide variety of applications
NeoGraf’s Graf-X Graphene Nanoplatelets (GNPs) can be added to a range of materials to increase mechanical strength, enhance thermal and electrical conductivity, reduce degradation to UV radiation, and provide enhanced barrier properties. Graf-X graphene nanoplatelets are available in a wide range of lateral platelet dimensions, BET surface areas, and purity levels depending on the end-use application.
Graf-X graphene nanoplatelets and masterbatches are used in a broad range of applications, including additives in concrete admixtures, insulative foams, conductive yarns, coatings, adhesives, sealants, elastomers, lubricants, paints, and barrier coatings. Primary markets are building and construction, composites and textiles, and energy storage.
Graf-X Graphene Precursors are the key ingredient to the efficient production of high-quality graphene products
Graf-X Graphene Precursors (GPs) are specially designed graphite materials ready for further processing or conversion into graphene products. NeoGraf’s graphene precursors are generated from both natural and synthetic graphite sources and can be used in various graphene production processes, including:
- Microwave exfoliation
- Thermal exfoliation
- Liquid phase exfoliation
- Chemical exfoliation
- High shear mixing
- Ultrasonication / Cavitation Separation
- Milling or grinding
Why Graf-X Graphene Nanoplatelets?
Graf-X graphene nanoplatelets (GNPs) enhance performance in a wide range of products and applications:
In concrete, adding Graf-X GNPs can:
- Increase flexural, compressive, and tensile strength by 30% or more compared to ordinary concrete, at loadings <1wt%
- Provide corrosion resistance to rebar reinforced concrete and as a barrier to water absorption, reducing maintenance/reliability costs and increasing life expectancy
- Reduce carbon dioxide emissions. Cement production for concrete accounts for ~8% of the world’s CO2 emissions. Enhancing concrete with graphene can reduce the amount of material required by up to 20%, significantly reducing emissions.
- Expedite the cure rate of concrete, achieving strength in 7 days which would be require 28 days in ordinary concrete without graphene
In composites and textiles, adding Graf-X GNPs can:
- Increase the tensile strength of plastics by 15% or more with loading as little as 0.5wt%
- Double the thermal conductivity and/or increase the electrical conductivity of plastics into the anti-static and static dissipative ranges with loading as little as 15%
- Increase the thermal resistance of rubber composites
- Be added to resins including Polypropylene (PP), Polyamide (PA, Nylon), Polystyrene (EPS & XPS), polyethylene (HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE), polyvinylchloride (PVC), and polyethylene terephthalate (PET).
In coatings, adhesives, sealants, and elastomers, graphene additives can be used for anticorrosion and anti-biofouling coatings, such as for marine ship hulls, reducing drag on the ship and reducing maintenance. Graf-X can also be used in tires to increase the wear resistance by 30% or more, increasing tire life and improving fuel economy. Graphene-enhanced tires also promise improved grip in dry and wet conditions, which can translate to faster acceleration on wet roads or shorter braking distances in icy conditions.
In energy storage (lithium-ion, alkaline, supercapacitors), Graf-X can be utilized both on the anode and cathode side of a battery cell to increase the specific density (amount of energy stored per unit mass) of a battery, which is particularly important for automotive applications where the lighter weight the vehicle is, the longer it can travel between charges.
Graf-X Graphene Nanoplatelets Product Portfolio
NeoGraf’s graphene nanoplatelets are available as dry powders, dispersions or compounded with polymers as masterbatches. Our manufacturing capabilities also allow us to offer customizable solutions to meet your unique application requirements.
All Graf-X Graphene Nanoplatelets are available with a lateral platelet dimension of 5, 10, 20, 40, and 50 µm with platelet thicknesses varying from < 10 to < 200 graphene layers. Graphene purity varies from < 95% to 99.9+% carbon.
Graf-X Graphene Nanoplatelets Features & Benefits
Nominal D50 lateral platelet dimensions of 5, 10, 20, 40 or 50 µm to meet a variety of application demands; other sizes available upon request
- Platelet thicknesses varying from < 10 to < 200 graphene layers
- Purity levels from < 95% to 99.9+% carbon to meet a range of performance requirements, from greases to energy storage applications
- Masterbatches are available for easier logistics and manufacturing
- Dispersions are available with loading levels up to ~ 20 wt. %
- Customized particles size, purity, and raw material options are available
Graf-X Graphene Precursors Product Portfolio
NeoGraf’s graphene precursors are graphite products derived from natural and synthetic graphite sources, ready to be further processed into graphene products.
Graf-X Graphene Precursors Features & Benefits
- Particle sizes from ~5-25 µm to meet a variety of application demands. Coarser sieved fractions are available on request
- Purity levels from < 95% to 99.9+% carbon to meet a range of performance requirements
- Multiple starting material options including natural graphite, expanded natural graphite and synthetic graphite
NeoGraf and the Graphene Market
NeoGraf Solutions, LLC has long been actively involved in producing and investigating advances in the high performance graphite market. Examining the potential benefits of graphene for a wide array of industries and products is [...]Learn More